Clan German
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Your Information

5 posters

Go down

For Your Information Empty For Your Information

Post  German)Timbore Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:23 pm

If you didnt know i am working on a diplomacy map. each country will have around 3 to 5 specials and it will be a basic diplo map like diplo n war. since i am new to triggers and such. anyways if u want to help or anything pm me.
German)Timbore
German)Timbore
Admin
Admin

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/assassinscreed/images.htm

Back to top Go down

For Your Information Empty COOL

Post  German)Cell Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:17 pm

ya im not really a map maker kind of person, but i LOVE diplo or war Like a Star @ heaven i would help if i could btw make sure u mention clan german in intro thing

German)Cell
Schütze
Schütze

Back to top Go down

For Your Information Empty Re: For Your Information

Post  German)Schutzen Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

.... I never got the advanced editor but I am pretty good with triggers and have made several of my own maps before (none of which have been distributed to due the fact that I can no longer make games). I have, however, modded several WW2 maps and such and can be of help with most trigger issues. If you don't know how to do something just ask me and I'll see what I can do. Studying other maps is also a good way to get an understanding on how things work as well.

A few rules to remember when map making:

1. Always use the "at least ____ seconds" trigger, and not the "exact ____ seconds trigger," because of the annoying tendency of triggers not to happened on the exact seconds you tell it too. This way, even if it is a bit late, the trigger will at least happen.
2. Too many triggers screws it up (delays other triggers and basically stuff stops happening). There seems to be some way to avoid this happening, but I do not know how. Good luck finding that one out.
3. Becoming familiar with every trigger function (well almost every one) is important because it allows you to think of new ways to use combinations of the triggers, resulting in the ability to do almost anything with them.
4. SC2 will be out in like a year or so (or two or whatever... who knows), so unless you think it will be a complete dud, using a huge amount of your time (like a couple hundred hours...) might not be worthwhile.
5. 255 is the limit for just about everything. I think it has something to do with the info fitting within 1 byte of memory. (this includes upgrades, armor, location number, switches, and a whole load of other stuff... Doodad limit is 500 I believe and total unit limit is 1600)

Yeah this is pretty much just a spontaneous list... I will add more if I feel like it.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

German)Schutzen
Oberschütze
Oberschütze

Back to top Go down

Post  German)Timbore Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:48 pm

lol ty some of that i already know but i also know that not every1 will get SC2 right when it gets out or at all so i was hoping to have the map done by at least april :/ only thing i need help with is triggs n locations but i think i have an idea on how
German)Timbore
German)Timbore
Admin
Admin

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/assassinscreed/images.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Splicer Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:38 am

3-5 specials now thats icky 1 special per country is the best

Splicer

Back to top Go down

For Your Information Empty map editor

Post  german)@cosmic Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:54 pm

hey a good map editor is star forge just trigs are a pain to do on it. idr the url so just do a google search for it
german)@cosmic
german)@cosmic
Schütze
Schütze

Back to top Go down

Post  German)Timbore Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:33 pm

ya i google em too but i use scm i think.... cant remember
German)Timbore
German)Timbore
Admin
Admin